You will need:
1 x 6" round vanilla
1x carton of vanilla icing
1x 500g green sugar paste
orange sugar paste
green sugar paste
black sugar paste
purple sugar paste
1tbsp royal icing
1x palette knife
1x8" cake board or plate
1x rolling pin
1x icing sugar duster
1x small knife
2 x cake smoothers
1x document folder – to make rosebuds
1x small circle cutter
1x small piping bag
purple and black ribbons
1.Bake a 6” round vanilla cake and allow to cool.
2. Split cake and fill with butter cream. Apply a thin crumb coat layer of butter cream over the cake.
3. Knead some green sugar paste until smooth, roll out until about 0.5cm thick.
4. Lift on to cake and smooth over the cake, starting with the top and working your way down the sides of the cake using your hands.
5. Finish cake off with 2 plastic cake smoothers and make sure a smooth finish.
6. Make 5 pumpkins by kneading orange sugar paste and marking the sides, finish with a small green stalk.
7. Make 5 witches hats with a small black circle cutter and a modelled top.
8. Make 5 rosebuds with a document folder, 3 small discs and roll then together.
9. Attach the decorations to the top of cake with some royal icing and attach ribbons to the edge of the cake.
Halloween cake done!